Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 4 of 112...

today is day 4, chest day... might throw in some biceps too. breakfast was great as usual, the biggest meal of the day 2 eggs 5 egg whites, scrambled w/ 6 slices of lean ham, and a cup of oatmeal... bout to eat my pre workout... time to get my mind right for the workout. im taking my wife with me to the gym today, her first time goin to my gym... i like to keep the gym to myself so when im there im completely focused on the goal, i try not to talk to anyone when im there, because im on a mission, im a different person when im there... but it will be a nice break from the routine to take her with me... let me explain my workouts real quick, i dont believe in fad workouts, im old school... heavy iron and countless sets and reps to complete failure until youre so engorged with blood you cant lift anymore, heavy weights built the muscle, heavy weight will maintain it... no half steppin...


i sit here on my couch its noon, im listening to paycheck game spit felonies getting my mind focused... i slept in a little longer than i wanted today, got up at 10... my last week of sleeping in, next week i start the 6 am, 8:30 am workout schedule... so this weekend i gotta get my mind ready for that, ive been lazy for too long... while i get my head straight today i cant stop thinkin about my dad when i was younger and how he was always the picture of physical strength to me, i remember working with him in the yard or on the house thinking about how i couldnt wait to be as strong as him.... my mother is who i looked up to for mental strength, she worked her ass off all of our lives to give us the things we needed, she never gave up and never stopped. to this day she still works harder than anyone i know with countless health issues she still works like a horse, thats strength... when your dieting and working out your busting your ass in the gym when your body doesnt have enough fuel all the physical strength in the world doesnt mean shit, mental takes over and you push regardless of how tired you are.. thats when your at your strongest, thats when it all matters most, you dont give up, and you dont slow down, you have a job to do, and a purpose... thats where i live...

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on this whole post, lol. Last year I always put my runs off till the late evening after it cooled down. This year it has been so hot, I have learned to get up at like 6AM to do my runs. I have NEVER been a morning workout person, but when you have to be dedicated to work towards a goal, you have to do what you have to do! Sounds like you are doing right with the dieting. You seem to be eating plenty of the right foods, so it doesn't sound like you're depriving yourself. Diets aren't about rice cakes, they are about lean proteins and healthy fats and carbs. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete