Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 16 of 112... DEDICATION...

16 days in, im feeling good... workouts are picking up, starting to get a little more intense everyday, which is a good thing... today was arms, biceps, triceps and forearms... i love working triceps, unfortunately i didnt get to put the time into them today that i would have liked, but still got a good workout... seated tricep presses are my favorite, 75 pound dumbbell over head, yea thats where i live...
i see all types of different people in and out of the gym, you have your die hard gym rats who would be at the gym during Armageddon (those are my kind of people). you have the rich ladies who are bored just trying to kill some time and get the body that will turn heads, cause thats their fix. theres the treadmill people who come in and hit the treadmill for an hour and walk or jog while reading a magazine, ill never understand how they do that but to each his own i guess. you have the people who are training for a profession, hobby or certain sport. you have the health conscious people who are just tryin to live healthier. you even have the guys who come into the gym with hair all gel'd up and work out in polo shirts and flip flops and spend more time flirting than doin work (these annoy me the most (insert jersey shore commercial). my point is you come across all different types of people, all joined together by the same thing for the same thing... to achieve a goal that can only be achieved by hard work and with cold steel...
you hit the gym hard a few times, and you get a sense of accomplishment that people dont understand until theyve put in some time and earned some blisters... bodybuilding isnt for the faint of will, its not just a sport, its a job, a 24/7 calling... every second of the day counts, you dont clock in and out, theres no half time, no innings, and no time outs... looks, i dont do this to look good, i do this because i love waking up and visualizing my goal and day by day watching myself get closer to that goal... i am the competition, i am my competition, the only person who can stop me is me... i go to the gym when im tired, and i lift when im so sore i can barely lift my arms, i do squats soaked in sweat with sweat in my eyes, i deadlift until my hands bleed and i bench press until the bar bruises my chest (true story)... yea i love this sport... bring on the next 96 days...
good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment